We have implemented procedures designed to increase the security of our Home Banking product as well as help to ensure only you have access to your personal information on our site.
You will be asked to:
- Set a 'Confidence Word'
- Add your 'Email Address'
- Select three 'Security Questions' from the available list and set your responses
Once you complete this procedure, you will be able to login with your account number and password on future visits. In addition, we will display your 'Confidence Word' during all future visits when we ask for your password. If you do not see your confidence word, you should not login as this would indicate that you are not on Clarity's website. You should contact us immediately if this occurs.
The login procedures will also make sure you are logging in from your own computer. Most members log in from the same computer each time they visit our home banking site.
However, if you use several PC's to access your account (such as your home computer and work computer), you will be required to enter your email address and answer your security questions each time you login for the first time from a different PC.
You may also be challenged for this information if you get a new computer or browser program, perform a disk clean-up on your computer, or clear the cookies on your current PC.
The Home Banking product will walk you through implementing these security features. If you have trouble logging in or can't access your home banking account, please read the General Information below
- You have 5 attempts to log in correctly before you are locked out.
- This can be stretched out over an infinite period of time. For example, if you don't have a successful login between failed attempts, regardless of the time that has passed the counter will keep adding up the attempts until you reach 5 and become locked out.
- A successful login will reset the failed attempts counter.
How To Reset Your Account Access
1. If you simply can't remember your password only (you will still need to know the response to your security questions and email address associated with the account) and are NOT locked out, you can click on the "Forgot Password" button on the homepage and complete the form to reset your account access yourself. NOTE: You will need to have a valid email address on file with us in your home banking account for this option to work.
2. You must contact a Clarity Credit Union representative to reset your account for any of the following reasons:
- The screen says you are locked out.
- You have forgotten your security questions (or the screen says you are not answering the security questions correctly).
- You have forgotten the email address linked to the account.
- You have forgotten your account number.